Peppermint Skin-Cooler Bath Bomb
With summer almost upon us, why not try some bath bombs with cooling peppermint? This easy-to-follow recipe shows you how to make your own homemade bath bombs to help cool down your skin during the hot summer months and at the same time, help to maintain healthy-looking, glowing skin.
- 4 cups cornstarch (can be purchased at the supermarket)
- 4 cups sodium bicarbonate
- 4 cups citric acid
- 1 cup epsom salt
- 40 drops peppermint essential oil
- bath bomb moulds
- Combine the cornstarch, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid and epsom salt into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add in the peppermint essential oil and mix well.
- Spray some water over the mixture and ensure that the mixture is wet enough to be pressed firmly into the moulds. The water helps to bind the ingredients together.
- Ensure the mixture is free of lumps.
- Fill up the moulds with the mixture by packing in nice and tight using your fingers. The tighter the mixture is packed into the moulds, the easier the bath bomb will be to take out of the moulds.
- Allow at least 24 hours for the bath bombs to harden.
- When completely dried, place into airtight containers.
- To use, drop a bath bomb into a bath with warm water to enjoy the refreshing coolness.