Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum (makes 100g of serum)
The following formulation guide describes how you can make your own facial serum using just Hyaluronic Acid and preservatives. Two grams of Hyaluronic Acid Powder will make 100 grams of a 2% solution. The following formulation makes a 2% solution that can be used on the skin as is, or added as an ingredient in other cosmetic formulations.
Ingredients (to make 100g of serumU+0029):
- 96 grams distilled water
- 2 grams broad spectrum preservative such as Liquid Germall Plus or Optiphen Plus
- 2 grams Hyaluronic Acid powder with molecular weight 100kDa
- Weigh the water and preservative into a beaker, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the Hyaluronic Acid onto the top of the water. Resist the urge to stir.
- Cover the beaker with cling wrap and leave it for a few hours.
- After a few hours, the mixture will have started to swell up and turn transparent as it hydrates.
- Once all the Hyaluronic Acid powder has hydrated, stir the mixture with a mini hand blender to obtain an even consistency throughout.
- Bottle it and use daily as a facial serum.
- Keep in the fridge for a prolonged shelf life.