Carrot Seed Moisturiser Lotion with Sun Protection
Are you looking for an all-natural moisturiser with sun protection that you can easily make yourself? This easy-to-follow recipe shows you how to make your own homemade moisturiser that helps to provide some skin protection from the sun during the forthcoming hot summer months.
The key ingredients that provide the sun protection are the carrot seed essential oil and zinc oxide powder. The sweet almond oil, shea butter and vitamin E oil provide the moisturising benefits for your skin.
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil RBD or virgin
- 1/4 cup beeswax yellow beads
- 2 tablespoons zinc oxide powder
- 1 teaspoon carrot seed essential oil
- 3-4 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 tablespoons unrefined organic shea butter
- 1 teaspoon natural vitamin E oil
- With the exception of the zinc oxide powder, combine all other ingredients together and mix well.
- Dispense into a glass jar and close the jar with a lid.
- Place the jar in a pan of water over a medium flame.
- Allow to heat up until contents in the jar are completely melted.
- Add the zinc oxide powder into the jar and stir to combine well.
- Once completely combined, turn off heat to cool down, and then pour into a cosmetic jar for storage.
Note: due to legislative restrictions, we are not able to provide a SPF rating for either the carrot seed oil, zinc oxide powder or the end-product arising from this recipe.