Calendula Shave Soap Recipe
Looking for a nourishing shave soap recipe that makes a natural alternative to chemical-laden, store bought products?
We bring you the perfect formulation that creates a rich, luxurious lather while keeping your skin smooth and moisturised. Crafted from the best natural ingredients, our shave soap recipe is ideal for anyone interested in natural skin care. If you have sensitive skin or looking for an alternative to shaving foam, give this delightful bar a try.
Most of the shave soap recipes include soy wax or stearic acid flakes to meet the stearic acid content. However, our soap recipe does not include either of the mentioned ingredients. Instead, we will make use of cocoa butter, which contains a high amount of stearic acid. Enriched with essential oils and natural ingredients for a pampering feel, this recipe is definitely one that you would love to try.
The Benefits of Using a Homemade Shaving Soap:
Wondering what makes our recipe better than a synthetic cream or store-bought shave soap?
Well, to begin with, you will absolutely love the natural shaving experience from the soap bar. Created from the purest natural ingredients, the soap bar works in nourishing the skin and is known for its moisturizing properties. The recipe offers robust creamy lather required for shaving. You can even tailor the recipe to suit your own preferences. If you are keen on treating your skin with products that are devoid of harsh chemicals, give this terrific shaving soap a try.
Whether you are a seasoned soap maker or new to the art of soap-making, you need to be careful when working with lye. Make sure to take safety precautions and have all the required ingredients ready to make your soap-making experience a truly pleasant one.
Before you start, make sure to have the following ingredients in place.
- High-quality sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide
- Prepare calendula tea by adding 16 oz. or 454 g of hot distilled water over dried calendula flowers. You will need a cup or a little more of the dried flowers.
- Make use of coconut oil to infuse with calendula flowers. You can try the quick infusion method to make calendula flower infused oil.
- Though creating shave soaps is not as complex as it might appear to be, prior soapmaking experience will surely help.
- Cooled calendula tea (454g or 16 oz)
- Sodium hydroxide (34g or 1.2 oz)
- Potassium hydroxide (51g or 1.8 oz)
- Cocoa butter (300g or 10.6 oz)
- Calendula infused coconut oil (100g or 3.5 oz)
- Castor oil (75 g or 2.6 oz)
- Shea butter (25 g or 0.88 oz)
- Vegetable glycerine (14 g or 0.5 oz)
- Essential oils of your choice
- Shaving brush
Method to make Calendula Shave Soap:
- Before you start, make sure to wear the protective eyewear and gloves
- Pour both sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide into the cooled tea, one at a time. Stir continuously until it dissolves completely. Set this blend aside.
- Following this, melt the butters along with coconut oil. Combine this with the castor oil in a slow cooker and place it on low heat.
- Gradually pour the lye solution in the warmed oils while stirring continuously. Make use of both the methods of hand stirring and immersion blender for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the cooker and cook. Check at intervals of 15 minutes and stir if required.
- Cook for about an hour until you notice that the soap is transparent.
- Turn off the heat and allow the soap to cool for a few minutes
- Add the glycerine and essential oils to the cooked soap
- Firmly press the soap into moulds
- For about 24 hours, allow the soap to harden. Leave it uncovered.
- Remove from the mould and cut the soap into bars.
- Let the soap bars cure for around 3 weeks.
Choosing an essential oil for the calendula shave soap recipe:
Based on your preference, there are amazing options to choose from. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to leave the soap unscented. However, if you wish to enrich your soap with a fresh and refreshing scent, adding a combination of orange essential oil and grapefruit essential oil is a great choice. You can even try a blend of cedarwood atlas, clove and vetiver essential oils. The possibilities are amazing and you can try experimenting with other combinations too.
Eager to pamper your skin with homemade calendula shave soap?
If you wish to experience the skin-loving properties of the above ingredients at their best, we recommend you to only make use of pure, organic and high-quality ingredients. Treat your skin to the goodness of the purest natural ingredients to experience the ultimate in nourishment.
If you are looking for a reliable platform to buy the ingredients online in Australia, visit N-Essentials. N-Essentials is home to a complete selection of pure and natural essential oils, cosmetics and skincare raw materials. If you are looking for more information about our products, feel free to call us today. Alternatively, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.